Eden Field is an exciting collection of 143 two, three and four bedroom new homes featuring a mix of townhouses, semi-detached and detached properties in the existing settlement of Newton Aycliffe.
The majority of properties were for sale, with c.10% providing a mixture of affordable housing solutions. The project was completed across three distinct phases against a sales-led programme.
The project was delivered on behalf of Chapter Homes, a newly-established commercial arm of Durham County Council who were taking their first foray into private housing development. The project is the first development which Tolent will be completing for Chapter Homes in a framework which is set to deliver c.350 properties in County Durham over the next few years.
The properties' superstructures consisted of traditional brick and block construction, built upon on strip foundations, envelopes were completed with a mixture of buff and red bricks to add variety to the development.
Tolent was able to utilise our knowledge to support the new client through the complex pre-commencement and planning phase, providing a number of services, not typically associated with a building contractor. Under a hybrid solution, which consisted of hundreds-of-hours of overhead which were provided free-of-charge, the following activities were undertaken:
- Production of a sales and marketing report advising the most advantageous housing mix and sales rates, together with sales strategy and show village design
- Procurement of design team who produced the masterplan and took the project through public consultation and planning
- Creation of client-specific standard house types and detailed specifications utilising BIM
- Completion of all associated surveys and reports
- Creation of choices options for customers and full management of handover and aftercare services