At Tolent, we believe that Modern Slavery in all of its forms constitutes an abhorrent abuse of human rights.
We acknowledge that business has a significant role to play in combating modern slavery, both domestically and internationally.
Tolent is a construction business undertaking building and civil engineering contracts within the construction sector.
We are part of the Tolent Group and our ultimate parent company is Tolent Plc. Tolent is committed to maintaining a culture where slavery, servitude, compulsory labour or human trafficking is quite simply, unacceptable, we are committed to improving our practises to combat Slavery & Human Trafficking.
Every member of staff has a role to play in combating this crime, by remaining alert to the risk of slavery, however small it may be, within our business and within our supply chain. This statement is issued pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Tolent has grown into a national company and market leader across a range of construction sectors, including residential; commercial; industrial; retail; education; healthcare and leisure.
We also operate a number of specialist divisions including a national asbestos removal and environmental department.
Tolent operates throughout the north east, central and southern regions with national suppliers procuring goods and services across an international supply chain.
Our ability to achieve sustainable, profitable growth across our business demonstrates our capability to manage a wide range of construction projects.
Tolent operates within Great Britain, with national suppliers procuring goods and services across an international supply chain.
The following Tolent group companies have a turnover in excess of £174 million for the 2019 financial year:
Tolent Corporation Ltd (3031024)
Tolent Construction Limited (02451574)
Tolent Living Limited (9505052)
Tolent Solutions Limited (6163808)
Tolent Homes Limited (02803140)
Ravensworth Properties Limited (07144165)
Coolmore Land Limited (6735366)
What are we doing to tackle modern slavery?
To demonstrate our commitment to tackling modern slavery, Tolent will;
- introduce provisions into our sub-contractor and supplier contracts, which place obligations on parties that we do business with, to comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015;
- conduct appropriate due diligence on our sub-contractors and suppliers, in relation to their modern slavery measures;
- maintain a robust recruitment and checking procedure, to ensure that all employees of Tolent are appropriately vetted;
- conduct a risk assessment of our business to identify areas of vulnerability;
- deliver training and guidance to staff on preventing modern slavery within our business and supply chain;
- encourage staff to report concerns, and protect reporters of wrong doing, via our Whistle Blowing Policy;
- continue to promote our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.